Why You Should Act Now —
Own the Rarest of the Liberty Double Eagles
Type II Liberties are so rare, only one collector in 1,000 can hope to own even one of these gold coins. However, you could be one of the fortunate few. Here's what you need to know:
- The coin is called "Type II" because these were the second $20 Liberty coin designs to be minted.
- The Type II Liberty Double Eagles were also the first United States $20 Double Eagle coin design to carry the motto 'In God We Trust.'
- Type II $20 Liberty Double Eagles were minted only between 1866 and 1876, when the coin was once again redesigned, making these the shortest series and thus the rarest of all $20 gold Liberties.
- As a result of the Gold Confiscation Act of 1933, over 95% of all Type II coins minted were melted down, a high destruction rate for a post-1850 series, making premium quality, almost uncirculated, and uncirculated Type II Liberty Double Eagles even harder to find.
- Their rarity and historical importance are the primary reasons why certified Type II $20 Liberty Double Eagles have made the cut year after year as one of our Select 4 top coin picks.
- Type II $20 Liberty Double Eagles are twice as rare as Type I Liberty Double Eagles by mintage.
- Certified Type II $20 Liberty Double Eagles are many times more rare than Type III Liberty Double Eagles in certified population reports.
- Additionally, Type II $20 Liberty Double Eagles are substantially more rare than the popular $20 Saint-Gaudens in certified mint state condition.
- The $20 Liberty Type II is .9675 ounces of pure gold — almost one full ounce of gold in every coin.
- Prices for these coins began to rise after the publication of 1st National Reserve consultant Mike Fuljenz's award-winning book, A Numismatic History & Analysis: Type II Double Eagles 1866-1876.
- If the price of gold continues to trend higher over time as expected, prices for certified Type II $20 Liberty Double Eagles may never be this low again. Buying now could save you money.
For more information on purchasing certified Type II $20 Liberty Double Eagles for your personal collection, please call us toll-free at 800-321-8700.
Why Your Collection Should Include —
The Classic Type III $20 Liberty Double Eagles
In early 2000, we began informing our clients that the Type III $20 Liberty Double Eagles were poised to be the next breakout segment of the rare coin marketplace. Shortly thereafter, our consultant, Mike Fuljenz, released his book, Type III Liberty Double Eagles 1877 – 1907. Later that same year, the book received a prestigious Numismatic Literary Guild's Book of the Year Award in a specialized category.
Since that time, the Type III $20 Liberty market has indeed heated up, and is now perhaps the hottest market segment going today. Among the factors that have influenced this market rise are the following events:
- After winning a Book of the Year award in a specialized category, the world's largest importer of gold coins began providing this book to its network of over 100,000 domestic and overseas dealers and private customers, in order to assist their focus on selling Type III $20 Liberties. The use of the book ignited sales and demand from their vast international network of clients.
- Still later, thousands of new collectors who had been attracted by the sale of the Type I $20 Liberty gold coins recovered from the shipwrecked S.S. Central America began looking at Type III $20 Liberty Double Eagles to complete their newly founded or augmented collections.
Here are some additional vital facts that have contributed to the rise of the Type III $20 Liberty Double Eagle market.
- Their relative rarity and numismatic demand are the primary reasons why certified Type III $20 Liberty Double Eagles have made the cut every year, since 2000, as one of our Select 4 top coin picks.
- The $20 Liberty Type III is .9675 ounces of pure gold — almost one full ounce of gold in every coin.
- If the price of gold continues trending higher over time as projected, prices for certified Type III $20 Liberty Double Eagles may never be this low again. Buying now could save you money.
For more information on purchasing certified Type III $20 Liberty Double Eagles for your personal collection, please call us toll-free at 800-321-8700.